To kick off LifeDev in March with the theme of “Know Yourself,” we are going to be talking about two tools we’ve used extensively here at iThemes (and other places I’ve been) to get to know yourself a little better — StrengthsFinder and Kiersey Sorter (based on Myers-Briggs Personality Test).
Our kickoff webinar will be Wednesday, March 21 at noon Central Standard Time.
I’ll be talking about StrengthsFinder and Myers-Briggs and how it’s shaped my life and career and how we’ve used it internally on our team for more efficient and happy people.
We’ll do 30 minutes of presentation about these, then 30 minutes of discussion and Q&A. So come ready to share and discuss. And the recording will be posted to the LifeDev Blog (as well as iThemesTV) afterward.
What you need to do beforehand:
- Buy StrengthsFinder book (or Kindle version). The book is where you get the coupon for the online assessment and it costs around $14.
- Take the online assessment at StrengthsFinder.com. Find about 30 minutes of quiet, undisturbed time to take the assessment. This will give you a report with your top 5 strengths and descriptions. (By the way, my wife Lindsey and I have found this a great resource for our marriage – so you might ask your significant other to do so with you for talking points!)
- Read up on your top Strengths. The StrengthsFinder book has descriptions, Ideas for Action and more. Study these and take notes of how you see these strengths being used in your life, career, etc.
- Overachievers will also take the Kiersey Sorter. This costs around $20 for the full assessment and is based on the Myers-Briggs Personality Test. We will be touching on this during the webinar. You take the free version first, then you’ll be asked if you want the full paid report, which you want. Read over that. Take notes. Think deeply. Be ready to discuss.
- Post your results here in the comments! We can start the discussion now in our LifeDev community.